HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR TIME
Being able to organize time is a challenging task for most people especially when you learn online. It is easy to have different activities clash or easily find yourself in an environment where you are unable to learn or concentrate because you didn’t manage your time quite well.
Organizing time is a skill and can be mastered overtime through consistent practice. Training one’s mind to stick to time and learning to estimate how long it might take to do a particular activity will help one better organize and manage time.
Most people that learn online think they can undertake several tasks and end up not been able to finish those tasks or do them effectively and efficiently.
Online learners have a mentality of “I can learn anywhere.” Yes, it might work for others and might not for some. But it remains a fact that the attention given in that class will differ according to different surrounding areas.
Therefore, having a particular space will help you manage your time because you would know to be in that space at the time of your class.
Here are a few tips to help you organize your time.
- Create a timetable and stick to it.
- Have a specific place to attend your online class.
- Don’t commit to other tasks right before your classes. Ensure you are free at least 30 minutes before.
- Create a schedule for everything you need to do in a day, week or month and analyze how much time you might need to spend on everything.
- Prioritize your tasks and ensure that whatever it is you are doing in a certain period is realistic to achieve.